- 100 Mile Club
- Refocusing Strategies
- Special Education
The continued safety, well-being, and success of our students, teachers, staff, and community has always been our top priority as we navigate the complex and evolving coronavirus crisis. To this end, we are updating our reopening plan to begin the school year in a fully online-learning model for all students which will continue through the last week of September. All students in grades 1-12 will begin on August 18, kindergarten students will begin on August 20.
La seguridad continúa, el bienestar, y el éxito de nuestros estudiantes, maestros, empleados, y la comunidad siempre ha sido nuestra prioridad más importante a manera que enfrentamos la compleja y evolucionante crisis del coronavirus. Con este fin, estamos actualizando nuestro plan de reapertura para comenzar este año escolar en un modelo de instrucción completamente en línea para estudiantes hasta finales de septiembre. Hemos actualizado el calendario para que todos los estudiantes en los grados 1-12 comiencen el 18 de agosto, los estudiantes de jardin de infantes comenzarán el 20 de agosto.
3. Ball Pass - This is a mini group juggle. Start with one ball and have student pass the ball from person to person. Practice this several times, passing the ball to the same person each time. Once students have the rotation down ~ add another ball. Add a third ball when you think they are ready.
4. Bowling- set up two cones and see if students can roll the ball in between the cones.
5. Juggling- can the student juggle 2 in one hand or three in both hands? See if student can juggle from one knee to the other. Hw many times can they do it in 30 secs.?
6. Exercise toss- have students pass the balls to each other. When the music stops have the students do an exercise if they are holding a ball. You can assign different activities/ color or just have all do the same exercise.
7. Toss and Catch- Toss and catch to self, bounce off the wall and catch, toss and catch to a partner.
8. Side Plank Balance - have student hold ball in hand with flat palm. See how long they can balance with holding a side plank.
3. Ball Push- In the plank position have student do a pushup with the ball in between the hands then roll the ball toward the right hand. Perform another pushup and then roll the ball toward the left hand. Keep going for 30 seconds. See how many times they roll ball side to side in 30 seconds.
4. Between Knees- Hold the ball between knees and see if student can walk, jump or catch another ball while keeping it between knees.
5. Keep it UpTeam - Divide class in two teams. Each team gets a nubby ball. See which team can keep the ball in the air the longest.
6. Wall Ball - Have students hold one ball with both hands then do a full squat and toss ball to top of wall (12 inches below ceiling) as they stand up out of the squat. Can do the same thing in place without a wall. Try and toss ball close to the ceiling without touching it.
7. Got Skills? - See if students can get ball on top of foot by rolling backwards under foot and catching on top of foot.
8. Dribble - Set up cones and see if students can dribble ball around the cones. (with feet or hand)
9. Sit- Down / Stand Up - See if students can sit down and stand up while holding the ball on a flat palm without it falling off. See how many time they can do it in 30 seconds.
10. Jump Up - See if they can put the ball between the feet and jump it up to the hands.
11. Jump Up To Partner - See if they can put the ball between the feet and jump it to a partner. See if the partner can catch it and then jump it back to partner. How many times can they do it in 30 seconds.
5. Juggling with Two Scarves-
11. Bean Bag Balance Tag Video (Thanks Jill Fadenrecht and Team From Black Rock)
Bean Bag Ideas for different Grade Levels:
Line boogie - One beanbag for 4 people. Have them line up and see if they can pass overhead to end and end person moves to front. Can do the same thing with passing under legs or over/ under alternating.
Feet Pass- Put a beanbag on the ground between students feet and see if they can jump it up and catch it or jump it to a partner and see if they can catch it. See how many passes they can make in 30 seconds.
Toss and Back Catch- Students toss the beanbag in the air and then try and catch it with their back.
6th- 8th Grade
Side plank catch- Have students get into a side plank position and see if they can toss and catch beanbag to a partner while remaining in a side plank, then have them switch sides. See how many passes they cane make in 30 seconds.
Sit up toss- Have student sit up and toss to a partner. See how many passes they can make in 30 seconds.